UPPERCASE > lowercase

Reaction score
In Windows, when you are in word, if you want to change something from all caps to lowercase, you highlight what you want to change and press Shift+F3. Is there anything like this when you use word on OS X?

Thanks in advance,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
skiaec04 said:
In Windows, when you are in word, if you want to change something from all caps to lowercase, you highlight what you want to change and press Shift+F3. Is there anything like this when you use word on OS X?

Thanks in advance,
Its the same program, so its the same key combo to do the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
skiaec04 said:
Not so, F3 mutes the volume.
Yes, it does work. Shift + F3 will do just as you describe.
I am guessing that you have to place a check for the F-keys option in your system prefs first.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
skiaec04 said:
Not so, F3 mutes the volume.

F3 Does not mute the volume, even on non-Apple keyboards I think it is like F16 or something. There is a dedicated button for Mute Volume. I guess it is technically F19.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
DCraver said:
F3 Does not mute the volume, even on non-Apple keyboards I think it is like F16 or something. There is a dedicated button for Mute Volume. I guess it is technically F19.
It is F3 on iBooks, MacBooks, PowerBooks and MacBook Pros

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.