Macbook vrs Powerbook

H

hooloovoo

Hey everyone,

I been looking for new computer for a while now, and im getting really sick of windows, so i have kinda turned my gaze towards a Mac. I really like the apple OS, clean, simple, pretty, and to the point. Oh, right and i am looking for a laptop.

The new macbooks seem really awesome, and the ability to dual boot into windows is a huge plus. But the downside is that they are rather pricey. Does anyone here have one? I have read reviews, but they never seem to really answer my questions.

Are they really worth the price? I was thinking of buying the bottom of the line regular macbook, and then installing my own RAM and a new, bigger, faster HD.

The other thing is; im not sure wether to wait or not, untill apple works out a few of its kinks (such as the overheating factor)

Im not a huge gamer, although i do like to occationally, and I enjoy working with Photoshop and GarageBand, and do some web development

I dont know, what do you all suggest; Macbook? or should I get a used top o' the line powerbook? They're about the same price, though the powerbook might be a little cheaper if I were to buy it used.....

Thanks
- hooloovoo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.