• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Toast Error message burning DVD

J

julos

Hi,
I just sarted to burn DVD with my I-mac with Toast titanium and an external dvd burner (macdrive). When I start do burn (even with a 1X speed) I receive the following error message

"SENSE KEY = ILLEGAL REQUEST
SENSE CODE = OX21, OX02
BUFFER UNDERRUN"

The recording failed and my blank DVD is no use.

What does this mean? What should I do to work it out ?

Julos

OP
S

Shakermaker

julos said:
Hi,
I just sarted to burn DVD with my I-mac with Toast titanium and an external dvd burner (macdrive). When I start do burn (even with a 1X speed) I receive the following error message

"SENSE KEY = ILLEGAL REQUEST
SENSE CODE = OX21, OX02
BUFFER UNDERRUN"

The recording failed and my blank DVD is no use.

What does this mean? What should I do to work it out ?

Julos

I had the EXACT same problem and was able to fix it. I am assuming you use Toast 5?

Simply zap the NVRAM and PRAM and you should be able to burn another DVD no problem. My problem is that I had to do that every time until I got Toast 6 - which has buffer underrun protection. I would burn a DVD then have to restart and zap the PRAM and NVRAM if i needed to burn another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.