• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dling Stuff off my Tivo?

M

menace3054

Anyone know how to do this? I read that theres a way to do it via home networking, but the software for it only works with Windows. Anyone find a way to do it with a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
I have a Tivo Series 2 and a wireless network as well. Currently, Tivo To Go for Macs only allows you to share photos over the wireless network. It does not allow Mac users to send shows from the Tivo to a computer for disc burning.

I have found on the internet various methods of "hacking" a Tivo to get it to work with a Mac. I'm not real hip on cracking open my Tivo to dig around in there though.

I'll wait until they release the full version of Tivo To Go for Mac. *hopefully soon*

Reaction score
Jeremy W said:
I have a Tivo Series 2 and a wireless network as well. Currently, Tivo To Go for Macs only allows you to share photos over the wireless network. It does not allow Mac users to send shows from the Tivo to a computer for disc burning.

I have found on the internet various methods of "hacking" a Tivo to get it to work with a Mac. I'm not real hip on cracking open my Tivo to dig around in there though.

I'll wait until they release the full version of Tivo To Go for Mac. *hopefully soon*

A "ghetto" way that I found to move stuff off your Tivo is to take one of the compent outs on your Tivo and plug it into a digital camcorder. Record it onto tape and then use iMovie to transfer it to your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.