New iMacer, quick question!

M

MarcNKarin

Hello, I got myself a new iMac 5G a few months ago and love it. Don’t miss my Dell one bit, or the 50 STD it got a week. Plus the wife thinks it cute, so it was easy approved in our budget.

I have no real problems with the switch over, but one minor issue. How do I remove (Safely) Software and Hardware? I have HP Printer I want to remove and some programs. Mainly the printer.

I am also excited as I bought .Mac, iLife 06 and iWork 06 all for $100!!! It should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
m not sure on how to remove hardware. My old digicam uses floppies so I have a USB floppy drive. Everytime I eject the floppy, it says I removed it unsafely, but nothing gets corrupted. And if I drag the disk on my desktop to the trash, it can't eject it since its a floppy.

But to remove software, just go to the Applications folder and drag the icon to the trash. Or if it has a folder, just drag that to the trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The easiest way to safely remove a printer is to power down your Mac and then unplug it. When you power back up, the Mac will be blissfully unaware that anything has happened.

OP
M

MarcNKarin

mac57 said:
The easiest way to safely remove a printer is to power down your Mac and then unplug it. When you power back up, the Mac will be blissfully unaware that anything has happened.

Unfortunately, that did not work. It still there, and its on my Dock also. I tried dragging it to the trash and it comes back. Printer has been gone for a few weeks now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
Try AppZapper (google it) it's a program for Macs where you can drag and drop icons from your applications folder and it gets rid of everything involving that app.

Upon download, you get 5 free "AppZapps", then you have to pay $12.95 or something like that. Then the program becomes yours with free updates for life.

Is it iMacer or iMacker?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
yogi said:
Your printer mounts?

Yea, I'm a little confused on that one too...

OP
M

MarcNKarin

Sorry, its on my Dash Board. Not a dock. I was posting from a Dell, so i could not think clearly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.