confused about bit torrents

Reaction score
hi,
i tried searching the forums for an answer to this question but i couldnt find one. When I used BitLord on Windows and I downloaded a torrent file, I could chose which files (in the torrent) that I wanted to download and which ones I didn't want. How do you do the same thing on the mac? I've downloaded Tomato Torrent, Transmission, and Bit Torrent but I can't work out how to select which files to download?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
so you want to download different parts of a torrent? i would see if azureus can do that.
-chris

OP
F
Reaction score
yeah thats what i want to do. i have a macbook so azereus doesn't work with my laptop..do you know of any other torrent clients that do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
coach_z said:
so you want to download different parts of a torrent? i would see if azureus can do that.
-chris
Azureus can do that. I have done it before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i believe there is a patch to get azuerus to work, why would you need to do this? i am curious!

OP
F
Reaction score
I found a big torrent file and only need one file out of it because I have the rest of them, nothing too mysterious lol. Ill look for that azuerus patch, cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
Yes, this feature is application-specific. Tomato and transmission dont do it as youve seen. Azureus is the only one that i know to work.

And coach Z, sometimes you want get say maybe half a cd, or one part of a two part movie. Being able to deselect what you DONT want from what youre downloading greatly reduces the time for it to download. It sounds pointless, but is indeed rather handy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
forza1 said:
I found a big torrent file and only need one file out of it because I have the rest of them, nothing too mysterious lol. Ill look for that azuerus patch, cheers.
Im not positive, but i beleive this is what you want to look at. It was found on the azureus website.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301380

Good luck,
Mr. 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.