AOL for Mac?

Reaction score
How is this software? Does it take advantage of isight? I searched for aol reviews but couldn't find any that shared any pros or cons... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
ColumbusMascot said:
How is this software? Does it take advantage of isight? I searched for aol reviews but couldn't find any that shared any pros or cons... Thanks!
AOL sucks even for Windows...

OP
C
Reaction score
True, but my family has an account that I use a screen name on. I don't plan on giving up the e-mail and instant messenging, so I was wondering how much better, if any, it would be when I make the switch. My iMac should arrive tomorrow or wednesday...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
AOL Instant Messanger (AIM) for the Mac really DOES suck. Horrible, horrible interface, with ads along the top, "in your face" all the time. But wait, all is not lost. iChat works with AIM, and so you use iChat to access your AIM account. MUCH better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
iChat is a good AIM client if you need video support, if you just want to chat I think that Adium is a much better all around client. Download it at http://www.adiumx.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
ColumbusMascot said:
True, but my family has an account that I use a screen name on. I don't plan on giving up the e-mail and instant messenging, so I was wondering how much better, if any, it would be when I make the switch. My iMac should arrive tomorrow or wednesday...
AOL for the Mac is not great, but its not that bad either. AIM on the mac is awful, but iChat is really great and works seamlessly with your AIM account. If you are not using dial up, you can set up Apple's Mail application (nice, simple, relatively full-featured interface) to manage your inbox, outbox, and spam filtering. There are instructions for how to set that up on the web.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.