send faxes from an iBook?

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been loving my iBook since March and use it for almost all my old pc apps. But.... I went to send a fax over the phone line and it doesn't look as though I can do anything but receive. (iBook G4) Is there some software one needs to help this occur? I don't yet have high speed anywhere but the wireless access at the library which I could use. Is there some way to send a fax wirelessly through the internet?
I don't use this feature too much but it is convenient when communicating with my insurance agent or registering applications.

Thanks, Sarah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
It should be fairly simple to send a fax through your phone line.

In any application that you can print from (like Word, TextEdit, etc) choose File -> Print. On the window that pops up, the lower left corner should have a button that says "PDF" with an down arrow on it. Click it, and choose "Fax PDF". You should then be able to fill out the number and send the fax.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you Nathan,
I never noticed the little PDF button down in the corner. Plus... sending a fax isn't in any of the user guides that I have checked. I am so glad to have this feature back!
Sarah

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.