I went and did it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook-White 2.0GHZ 1GB RAM 80GB HD
Just a little background, I have been into computers since I was in 1st grade and I remember using the old Apple IIes back in the day. That was my first foray into Apple computers. I have grown up using primarily PCs however and had only used Macs a few times back in 95 an 96. Now I am an IT Analyst and Network Admin so I deal only with PC's. However we got a new Apple store last year in a new mall here and since I have always wanted a Mac but never really been around them to get a feel I decided to go play. Well I was instantly hooked and decided that I was going to get a Mac one day. Fast forward to yesterday and I ordered me a brand new White Macbook 2.0Ghz with 1GB RAM and 80GB HD. I am thorougly excited and cannot wait to get it. When I get it I am going to play around and get used to the Mac OS and I will probably be on it for 12 hours straight easy....do you think I will burn it out?

Also part of the reason I got it is because Im young and its trendy to have a Mac and I wanted to be part of the crowd lol.

So Im sure I will have many ?'s on things while Im getting used to working in the Mac OS and I know I will be able to get them answered here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Your not hyper are you? LOL glad your excited

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM
Don't worry about it burning out. It's very unlikely. If it does, take it back to the Apple store for a replacement because every Mac has a 90 day warranty.

Congrats on the purchase!

OP
JoJoCal19
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMania55 said:
Your not hyper are you? LOL glad your excited

No not hyper at all, just really excited to get the Mac. I have been searching the forums all day and I am finding more than enough answers to my questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I am a recent switcher also and I love the Mac. I have an Intel 20" iMac. I am positive that you will enjoy it.

OP
JoJoCal19
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay update, I got my macbook today and I am amazed. I am thoroughly enjoying it! Im typing this message on it right now. So I do have one big question though, when I got through the setup and everything and I started looking around in the OS, I noticed in safari my internet history was full of sites! Has anyone elses come like that? It had a bunch of different sites in the history which I find weird. Oh well. I love it so far and Im just getting used to doing things in OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
congrats!!! hope you enjoy it and feel free to ask as many questions as you need (after searching for the answers ;) )
and you get some user rep for the new computer!
-chris

2000blasterboy

Yeah once you go mac you dont go back! I started on a mac as a little kid, then my parents bought a PC and i really had no choice to switch, i couldnt buy my own stuff at that point lol, but a couple months ago i reciently switched back and i hate even fixing or using the PC my mom has etc... lol anyways glad you like it, i will soon be upgrading to a macbook before school starts up again.
Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual-Core 2.3GHz PM G5, GF7800GT, 2GB RAM, Dell 2407FPW, 1.42GHz iBook 1.5GB RAM
JoJoCal19 said:
Okay update, I got my macbook today and I am amazed. I am thoroughly enjoying it! Im typing this message on it right now. So I do have one big question though, when I got through the setup and everything and I started looking around in the OS, I noticed in safari my internet history was full of sites! Has anyone elses come like that? It had a bunch of different sites in the history which I find weird. Oh well. I love it so far and Im just getting used to doing things in OSX.

That's normal. You'll find 1800flowers, amazon, etc. They're not in the History per se, but they're automatically part of Safari I guess, as you can't delete them (at least I do not know how).

My brand new PM arrived on 7-3, too. Safari had a bunch of those sites built into it.

Enjoy...I know I am!!

OP
JoJoCal19
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the comments and replies. Its very very good to know that its normal for those sites to be in safari already. For a second I got scared that maybe I had a refurb or something hehe.... Well I can tell you that I am absolutely blown away by my macbook. Never before have I used a computer that was such a joy to use. I mean, I get a smile on my face just doing regular things such as typing or surfing the net. Even just exploring osx puts a smile on my face. Wow. As an IT Analyst and someone who has used every type of computer out there I am still amazed by the macbook. I am so happy with my decision to get the macbook that I am thinking of getting an apple desktop when they switch the power mac to a intel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
JoJoCal19 said:
Thanks for the comments and replies. Its very very good to know that its normal for those sites to be in safari already. For a second I got scared that maybe I had a refurb or something hehe.... Well I can tell you that I am absolutely blown away by my macbook. Never before have I used a computer that was such a joy to use. I mean, I get a smile on my face just doing regular things such as typing or surfing the net. Even just exploring osx puts a smile on my face. Wow. As an IT Analyst and someone who has used every type of computer out there I am still amazed by the macbook. I am so happy with my decision to get the macbook that I am thinking of getting an apple desktop when they switch the power mac to a intel.

I agree completely. I'm a sys admin for an accounting firm so i deal with PC's all day. I am always glad to get home and jump on my iMac. Even if its just to surf the web (mostly on here) and researching new things about the Mac and OSX. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.