Firefox desktop drive won't eject

B

bcnoob

Totally new to mac,(bought it 3 days ago). Downloaded firefox and ran it off of the disk image, (now I know that was a rookie mistake). So I trashed everything I could, but it won't let me trash the "desktop drive icon" nor the disk image, evidently because the "desktop drive icon is in use" I re-downloaded and installed firefox the correct way and that "icon" and image were easily trashed, but I still have the original "icon" on the desktop that will not eject, and the disk image that is not trashable. Help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Quit FireFox. Then you can eject the disk image.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It sounds like the Firefox in the Disk Image is running still. Look down on the Dock and see if you see a Firefox icon with a up arrow under it. If so Right or CTRL Click and select Quit. Otherwise reboot the Machine.

OP
B

bcnoob

Firefox is not running any longer. Everything was trashed except the disk image and the drive icon.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you try rebooting the machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.