Everything is good just a few questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP 2.0Ghz 1GB RAM & 30GB IPOD Video
ok first question if i close the ichat buddy list how do i reopen it without completely quitting out of ichat and reopening i chat.
Second i have the wireless apple mouse and its just not blowing my skirt up anyone have any better options.

J

JKrouth

when your in ichat and you close your buddy list, if you go up to 'window' and click buddy list it will reappear. Also you could just press 'apple-1'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you click the red x to close your ichat window it hink it may disconnect you but im not sure. if you are doing this you should be able to chose the window option and select your buddy list to bring the window back.

if you are minimizing the program you can maximize it through the ichat drop down menu from the top of your screen.

lol, blowing up your skirt, thats a good one. is it the wired one button or the mighty mouse? i'd have to admit that it took me a good week or so to get used to the mouse and how to use it but i now find it more intuitive than the standard 2-5 button mice. if this is not your case logitech makes some good mice so does microsoft.

also i wouldnt really keep your email as your username, talk to an admin about gettin git changed, bots can run around the internet and pick up your email pretty easily like that.

have a great day and enjoy the forums!
-chris

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just tried it. If you click the Red X the window disappears, then if you click the iChat icon in the Dock, it comes back and does not go offline.

I had never tried that before today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i deleted ichat so i couldnt even test it out ;)
i am a slave to adiumX
-chris

ps. command(apple key) + 1 also toggles your iTunes window....makes it disapear and reaapear real good and fast

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
coach_z said:
i deleted ichat so i couldnt even test it out ;)
i am a slave to adiumX
-chris

ps. command(apple key) + 1 also toggles your iTunes window....makes it disapear and reaapear real good and fast

I love Adium also but for AIM I have gotten so used to iChat, it's hard to use anything else, but for everything but AIM, it's Adium for me also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.