Good cheap starter mac?

F

feverlax

I found an old g3 300 mhz power mac for 80 dollars on the internet, after i upgrade it with a combo drive, 40 gb hard drive, 512 mb of ram, and osx panther, the total is about 250 dollars. I have never used os x outside of an apple store, and I want to buy a cheap mac that will run os x fairly decently so that i can become more familiar with it before i go out and spend a ton of money on a new system. Is this a good system to use for that? Also what(if any) kind of airport card would I need to get? And how much would it be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
I would look for a used emac on ebay.

OP
F

feverlax

D3v1L80Y said:

well the person in the other thread was asking for recomendations, i was just asking if this was a good mac.

and now the price will has gone up a little bit(40 dollars) because the 80 dollar one was a rev a and I just read that rev a had lots of problems.

Btw, I'm looking to stay away from ebay because I've been scammed on their before and i just prefer buying from actual retailers

edit: the one that is 40 dollars more also includes a bump to a 350 mhz processor instead of 300 mhz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
And there are quite a few answers in that thread and others that would have given you several viewpoints and opinions on the Mac you are asking about.
:black:
So, I would have recommended reading those first before starting a new thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.