Right-click solution for Boot Camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I also use Input Remapper, I like it a lot more.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Have either of you run into beta problems? i.e. crashing, lockups, etc.? My brother has a MBP; I was going to recommend the software in my post, but if Input Remapper is stable enough I'll just have him use that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Nope, I haven't had any problems. Input mapper has actually been around for a long time.

Reaction score
None for me. Its only going to get better to :D

kaidomac said:
Have either of you run into beta problems? i.e. crashing, lockups, etc.? My brother has a MBP; I was going to recommend the software in my post, but if Input Remapper is stable enough I'll just have him use that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would think that using a two-button mouse would be the best option, myself
:black:
And before anyone says, "but this is for a laptop"... there are always things like THIS where you don't need a table to surface to mouse on.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
So in XP running on say an MBP you can use the right click on two button mice?

H

Harryc

ShillAT said:
So in XP running on say an MBP you can use the right click on two button mice?
Yes, the external two button mouse functions normally in XP. It is after all, XP :). For that matter a 2 button external mouse functions normally in OS X and Linux as well.

Reaction score
WOW there is no solution to right-click in macbook pro bootcamp?

How bad is that?

I have tried apple mouse utility above, as well as the key mapper. Both cause tremendous problems.

For whatever reason, the apply mouse utility causes the ctrl key to right-click every time I press the ctrl key alone. This renders basic keyboard functions impossible, such as copy and paste.

The key mapper uninstalls ALL my apple drivers and makes everything behave differently. I don't need nor do I want this, since my macbook pro is a new unibody version and everything behaves just fine (including the backlight and function keys), apart from the inability to right-click.

Is there no solution to just make the windows mouse behave like the os x mouse? (i.e. right click when you press with two fingers??)

A very confused and disappointed mac book pro customer.

Reaction score

How bad is that?

I have tried apple mouse utility above, as well as the key mapper. Both cause tremendous problems.

For whatever reason, the apply mouse utility causes the ctrl key to right-click every time I press the ctrl key alone. This renders basic keyboard functions impossible, such as copy and paste.

The key mapper uninstalls ALL my apple drivers and makes everything behave differently. I don't need nor do I want this, since my macbook pro is a new unibody version and everything behaves just fine (including the backlight and function keys), apart from the inability to right-click.

Is there no solution to just make the windows mouse behave like the os x mouse? (i.e. right click when you press with two fingers??)

Note how all these previous posts are two and a half years old, from when bootcamp was just in beta. Nowadays, the trackpad situation stands as follows:

You cannot tap the trackpad with your finger to click, now can you tap with both fingers to double click. However, if you have two fingers on the trackpad and press the button, this can be used as a right click. This is without any extra drivers or whatnot.

Or you could just plug in a mouse! I got used to 2-fingers + click very quickly though.

Regards
Eskimoboi

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

How bad is that?

Which model of MacBook Pro do you have? Right-clicking on Boot Camp works fine for me. It just works a little differently than it does in OS X. Hold two fingers on the trackpad then press the trackpad button. Instant right-click without any third party software.

As I understand it, the very latest models have some issues with the button-less trackpad. There has been a fix issued just recently from Apple, but it doesn't seem to be perfected yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.