I'm OFFICIALLY a Mac Guy!

N

natoryy

I just got my MacBook and iPod Nano (free with my MacBook!!!) today! You have no idea how excited I was.

So far it's been fantastic. I won't have internet on it steadily for two months till I leave for college, so I'm on a public library computer now, but I love my MacBook anyway. And I'll get to use it with internet about once a week.

I'd be on the MacBook (internet or not - sorry, this forum isn't near as important to me as my precious MacBook right now :p ) now if I didn't have to come to work - I got the packages exactly one hour before I had to work so I had to leave them behind. Very sad. :(

Anyway, the MacBook is perfect so far. I love the OS and the weight/size of the thing. And the screen is perfect. Strangely, I don't like the glossy screen all that much. I expected it to be a non-issue for me when everyone was complaining, but it's less nice than I expected. Still, it's VERY minor and I truly don't care much at all.

The OS, though I love it (especially the setup - it was such fun!) is going to take some getting used to. I've never used a Mac before. I still can't figure out how to close programs for real (beyond just closing them and have them still open on the program bar at the bottom of the screen) but I've really only had 45 minutes to play with it and haven't read any documentation. I'll figure it out in due time.

The speakers are quiet - it's a laptop, what do you expect? - but nice and useable.

As for the lack of one-button mouse, I don't care in the least. I've never liked touchpads but I love the one on my new Mac and I love the one button deal. I turned on the two-finger right click right away and it's fine and easy. I also adore the look/feel of the keyboard. The enter is too small, and it's a little louder than I expected. Otherwise, it's fantastic.

Oh, I love iWork, too, by the way. Fantastic!

And tech specs - it's entry level with the "low" processor and such...I upgraded the memory, though...and it's crazy fast. I am in love.

I also love my iPod - will take some getting used to and of course the earbud thing is less than ideal - but I love it too. How can I not? I mean, it's an iPod!

Oh, and on my MacBook: the iSight rocks. I can't figure out how to try recording my voice, but once I do I'll report on that too.

Beyond that I can't really say much. I need to get used the system, download more widgets and cool backgrounds. And I can't wait for iChat.

I may post a full review of the MacBook sometime, because I like doing that sort of thing, but until then: I love it and thanks to this forum for helping me out and answering my many questions. I am in love with my MacBook and you are all invited to the wedding. (Bad joke, but I'm quite excited right now...)

Enjoy!

:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.16 GHZ C2D 120 MB HD Mac Mini Duo 2 GB ram
welcome and savor this moment my friend it is like a fine wine...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Lucky.. lol. It doesnt have a built in mic? It would be weird if it didn't, since it DOES have a built in iSight, and not to mention even my G3 iBook has a built in mic on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
To 'Close programs for real', you could type command+Q (apple key and Q), go to the menu bar (the bar at the very top) and click the program's name, and choose quit, or click and hold (or control click or right click) on the icon in the dock (that program bar is called the "Dock") and choose quit. Whatever suits you better. OS X is different in Windows in this way, but I won't go into details.

There are many ways to record your voice, but one way is in GarageBand.

Congratulations on the new Mac! :mac:

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
or Quicktime Pro

OP
N

natoryy

Thanks, and yeah - It didn't take me too long to figure that basic stuff out.
I really really do love it...and I use it on my lap with no heat issue so far.

My latest challenge is my iPod - I think I've all but mastered the Mac OS. It's so great.

So yeah, thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.