Alt Tab Function on the Mac

D

Dracode

Hey guys, I just got a mac and I used to use the Alt+Tab function on the PC. If you don't know this will minimize any full screen program. I've tried everything I can think of, but it still doesnt work. Anybody know the command to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ALT+TAB on a Windows system just cycles through your active programs, it doesn't minimize anything. Command+Tab does the same thing on a Mac.
If you are looking to just minimize your window, Command+M will do that.

OP
D

Dracode

haha alright ty so much.. the command m worked.... and actually ive had a mac all my life, but i recently got a pc and was amazed by the alt+tab function and wanted to know how to do it on my mac, when playin WoW lol.. ty though =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yes, command tab will cycle through open applications
command m will minimize window
command h will hide the application and all windows associated with it, and it wont leave the window in your right side of the dock
command q will quit the program

there is a big thread full of keyboard shortcuts in the forum somewhere, search for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.