newbie switcher question

Reaction score
hello all,

finally dumped my old pc from my student years and have got a a new macbook white 2 Ghz specced up with an 80 Gb hard drive and 1Gb of ram. I LOVE IT, just wish i had done it years ago.

Have a few questions..should i be running anti virus software? What do you recommend and also what are the best p2p and torrent software available for os X?

thanks in advance
bw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Congrats on your new Mac.
I would suggest using the search feature on this forum.
Your questions have been asked and answered numerous times by others and there are already several good threads that answer your questions in detail.

Reaction score
betawax said:
hello all,

finally dumped my old pc from my student years and have got a a new macbook white 2 Ghz specced up with an 80 Gb hard drive and 1Gb of ram. I LOVE IT, just wish i had done it years ago.

Have a few questions..should i be running anti virus software? What do you recommend and also what are the best p2p and torrent software available for os X?

thanks in advance
bw

Congrats with your Macbook!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
As was mentioned, please try search, there have been MANY discussions on torrents and P2P just in the last few weeks.

As for Antivirus, here is a link to a stick thread right from the top of this forum.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23835

Many of your questinos will already have been answered so please use search before posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.