Buying A Laptop

I

ikamau

I have decided to save my money and just buy the as is Apple ibook G4 14in 933Mhz, I am in Pennsylvania, but I will go to CompUSA in Delaware, because there is no sales tax, I am wondering is CompUSA a decent place for me to buy my laptop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Please do not cross post. I deleted your other thread and left this one. Thank you! :)

CompUSA is pretty good and I hear they have really good support if something goes wrong with your computer. I havent heard anything bad about them at least.

OP
K

kjellquist

I haven't been there in a long time because I refused to go back many years ago...I hate CompUSA! Every experience with that store has been less that satisfactory....rude, snobby, and uninformed sales staff....dirty, understocked stores...yuck...I hate that place. This was not just one location...I visited at least three locations before I finally gave up....

OP
S

StarManta

ebay!!!
Ebay is absolutely the best place to get a mac - it's not unusual to find 17" Powerbooks well under $1000, for example.

OP
T

tmjf_sifu

StarManta said:
ebay!!!
Ebay is absolutely the best place to get a mac - it's not unusual to find 17" Powerbooks well under $1000, for example.

i would love to know which version of ebay you have been using (southern botswana server?). i have been looking for some time and have not been able to find even a 12" g4 pb for anywhere near $1000. more like $1700 us. in fact, most of the used ibooks that are on ebay end up being almost the same price as a new one with my education discount when the auction is done. i was really thinking i was going to find a good deal, but if you can direct me to where you have been finding these deals, i would be eternally grateful.

OP
T

tmjf_sifu

kjellquist said:
I haven't been there in a long time because I refused to go back many years ago...I hate CompUSA! Every experience with that store has been less that satisfactory....rude, snobby, and uninformed sales staff....dirty, understocked stores...yuck...I hate that place. This was not just one location...I visited at least three locations before I finally gave up....

i agree! not only do the staff have big attitudes, all of the merchandise is wayyyyyyy overpriced. and their return policy is crap! restocking fee!?!?!?! give me a break! the only redeeming quality of my local crap usa is the apple guy. he is actually extremely helpful and not condescending. he does a lot of work and tech stuff for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.