• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

need to know how to burn torrent?

Reaction score
i dl a torrent of a movie and need help burning it on one cd or dvd to make it play in all or most dvd players. the movie i dl has 2 folders called cd1 and cd2.
both folders have 33 files. the files end in .r00 all the way to .r33. the burning apps i have is toast 6 and idvd but toast will only let me burn as data and idvd wount let me burn it at all and i think because the type of file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
burning discs

hi

the question is too vague and requires technical help from

the bottom up. you be better to go to a dedicated burning

site where they will give specific detailed help. from

what you've said toast 6 should do it o.k. - though.

but go here for expert help http://www.ripdifferent.com/

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Is this a legal movie? If so, the site should have instructions how to do it. If it's not, you're asking in the wrong place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i will help a bit.
your .r01 and .rar files are a compressed file format, similar to .zip files. you need to donlowd unrarx and unrar the files to create your movie files.

cd 1 and cd 2 will give you two different movie files which will most likely be .avi files.

these files will need to be joined together, you can use the program jigsaw in order to do this.

you can then bring the file into toast and make your cd

no problem for the help but remember in the future that we do not tolerate discussion of illegal movies or programs etc and i am assuming that this is a legal download for you
-chris

Reaction score
yea, i had the same problem.

i also just started downloading free legal torrent files which contained movies and was confused by all the rar files. but with the help of a file compression app [such as WinRAR] all that was in the past.

hope everything works out for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.