Urgent Help - Reason

K

Komatic

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping somebody somewhere out there is going to be able to help me!

I've basically just bought myself a G4 powerbook, and what a little beauty she is! Anyway, I already have a G5 with Propellerheads Reason 3 software installed, which is one of the key pieces of software I use to produce with.

I have taken the same software (the licence allows me to install it on up to 5 machines) and tried to install it on the laptop.

It goes all the way through to the serial number, and then after inputting this it comes up with a reason error message (not a mac OS error message) saying:

THE DEVICE DENIED ACCESS. REGISTRATION CANNOT BE COMPLETED. :eek:neye:

I thought this was something to do with access privilleges, yet I am the administrator on the laptop and have mirrored all access privilleges with those set on the G5 (where the software works no problem)....

ANYONE?!?! I'm so frustrated with this and if there is anyone out there that can help I would be so so grateful!

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
On the Propellarheads site there is a support FAQ on this question.

Unfortunately I don't have an account or license so I can't see tha answer, but you should be able to.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Mac-Forums!

OP
K

Komatic

schweb said:
On the Propellarheads site there is a support FAQ on this question.

Unfortunately I don't have an account or license so I can't see tha answer, but you should be able to.

Hope this helps, and welcome to Mac-Forums!

Hi thanks for that!

However, it doesn't seem to be giving me the answer I'm after! Its a real strange one this, because when I have installed Recycle it is also giving me an error message saying that I am not allowed to register the software as I do not have sufficient access priviliges....

Do you think it might be worth looking at a re-install of OSX? Or a 'format' of the hard drive? I'd need some advice on this because I don't have a clue how you would go about that!!

It is strange though, because I always login as administrator, which according to the user accounts I am. I did buy this laptop off someone else however, and I am wondering if it is worth a re-install....?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would definitely do a reinstall if you bought it off someone else. All you need to do is stick the restore disk or Tiger disk in and run the install program. OS X will reboot into the installer and away you go.

You'll want to choose the option to "Erase and Install" so it just formats your whole drive and does a clean install.

That hopefully will solve your issue.

OP
K

Komatic

Thanks for the advice man....

I reinstalled the whole OS, formatted the drive and now Reason works a treat and my laptop works a treat!!!

Expect to see my as a fairly extrav feature on here, although so far everything seems to be working well! Having said that, this seems like a really fantastic resource, so expect to see me here fairly regularly!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Outstanding, glad everything worked out well. It's always nice to get a new addition to the forums. Welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.