Software Rec for compression/joining

D

damo2576

Hi,
What are your guys recommendions for file utilities for compression (zip/rar) and joining, eg zip.001, zip.002 etc.
I used to use WinRar on the PC which dealt with all of this.
Is there a good app that does same on Mac?
FYI have Intel Mac so universal binary would be a bonus.
Thanks in advance
Damo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I only use Winrar on my PC, but for mac I use three programs depending on what you want to do. The first to uncompress files would be stuffit expander. Then if you are wanting to deal with par files and joining them pick up macpar deluxe as well as a program called split and concat. Google for each of these programs and you will find the page to download them. They are all freeware or shareware, but I am not sure if they are universal binaries yet.

Reaction score
techster82 said:
I only use Winrar on my PC, but for mac I use three programs depending on what you want to do. The first to uncompress files would be stuffit expander. Then if you are wanting to deal with par files and joining them pick up macpar deluxe as well as a program called split and concat. Google for each of these programs and you will find the page to download them. They are all freeware or shareware, but I am not sure if they are universal binaries yet.

Winrar for mac does all of this right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.