When I trash pictures, does that really delete them?

L

lovemycoffee

Hi....I have an iMac SE DVD, all I have on it is my internet and camera software. It is running really slow. I have taken many pictures over the years with my digital camera, and put them on my iMac then trashed them. But I have heard that when you trash them, there are still not REALLY gone....is this true and if so, what should I do?

This is the only reason I can think of my Mac being so slow, or do they just slow down as time goes by?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well if you keep upgrading the software then that could be one reason for the slowness factor. Unless of course the software says that the minimum requirements are way below what you currently have.

Now trashing.. unless you empty the trash.. they'll still be in your trash can. Otherwise you can get a third party piece of software that goes through and deletes with prejudice. Not sure of any off the top of my head, but I know there are quite a few out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.