It is Done - My MacBook is Ordered

N

natoryy

It is done.
I have ordered my new MacBook.
White, with all entry level specifications except for a memory upgrade to 1 GB. I also ordered iWork pre-installed and an iPod nano, which I will get for free with the Mac student promotion they just started.

I am so excited - I cannot wait for it to get here. I also am a bit nervous - what if all the awful stuff I've heard about Mac, MacBook, Tiger, et cetera...what if it's all true? I don't believe it is, but you know...I have never owned a Mac before - a PC user all my life. I even used QBasic and DOS once upon a time.

I am confident that this is what I want, though.

So now the waiting begins. I'll let everyone know how it turns out - This forum played a big role in my decision.

Okay, now the waiting begins. I am so excited.

And now that it's ordered, I can breathe.

:radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
Youre going to LOVE it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Sweeet! :black:

OP
N

natoryy

I know! Haha. Thanks guys, though.

I've been browsing the Apple site and such to make myself even more excited...now I'm not sure how I'll wait this week+. My iPod gets here a bit earlier, so that's making me excited...

Soooo excited.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
Congrats on your purchase, you will love it!

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase! I took delivery this past Tuesday of a 2.0GHz white MacBook. I've given my iMac a much deserved break while I've been spending most of my time on the MacBook. The glossy screen is very nice, absolutely no issue with glare, indoors or out. While the MacBook can get a little warm under stress, I haven't experienced the burning hot issues that some folks have reported. It seems to be a wonderful machine in all respects. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your purchase.

Report back when you can and share your experiences.

Cheers.

Reaction score
man seriously dont be worried, i ordered a mac book pro 17" and i was nervous for awhile because people where whining about, heat issues, and kernel panics and a buncha other stuff.... Ive had mine 3 days nothing wrong yet. i am in love! you will be to!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
natoryy said:
It is done.
I have ordered my new MacBook.
White, with all entry level specifications except for a memory upgrade to 1 GB. I also ordered iWork pre-installed and an iPod nano, which I will get for free with the Mac student promotion they just started.

I am so excited - I cannot wait for it to get here. I also am a bit nervous - what if all the awful stuff I've heard about Mac, MacBook, Tiger, et cetera...what if it's all true? I don't believe it is, but you know...I have never owned a Mac before - a PC user all my life. I even used QBasic and DOS once upon a time.

I am confident that this is what I want, though.

So now the waiting begins. I'll let everyone know how it turns out - This forum played a big role in my decision.

Okay, now the waiting begins. I am so excited.

And now that it's ordered, I can breathe.

:radioacti

QBasic and DOS, hah! I too was a user once. Let me introduce you to my friends the Terminal, Automater, AppleScript, and Quicksilver :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Haha, I used to program in Qbasic right up until 2001!

I made the switch a while back and you will not be sorry. There is next to nothing you can't do on your mac. Enjoy the digital freedom.

OP
N

natoryy

Haha, yes. QBasic and DOS - My dad is a software programmer for a living and he taught me how to play games on the two. Haven't used them in ages, though. :p

My iPod should ship tomorrow, and my MacBook on Monday. I'm excited about my iPod, but too bad it's not shipping Monday and my MacBook tomorrow. Haha.

OP
J

JKrouth

Funny thing.

I bought a Macbook when it first came out, and I did have some issues. I did have the piece of plastic blocking the vent but I found it in time and removed it.

The funny part is in a week my logicboard fried. It wouldn't boot up at all. I made an appointment with a sales person at the apple store, brought it in, and in ten minutes I had a new one! Since then I have had no problems with my new Macbook, it doesn't even get hot (warm, not hot).

Great service from Apple, props to them. You wouldn't get that kind of service with Best Buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
congrats, glad we were here to help!
-chris

Reaction score
It will be love! I've had mine for about a week or two with no complaints at all. Its not windows- but the functionality is there, and the software is killer. Also, you will have a 30 test drive of msft word, which will give you just enough time to wait until 7-1 when www.neooffice.org releases its free word for intel based macs.

-steve

Reaction score
I can't wait till I have enough money and make the switch too.. all you people are making me to anxious.. macs just sound so much better than PCs now.

Reaction score
iCassie said:
I can't wait till I have enough money and make the switch too.. all you people are making me to anxious.. macs just sound so much better than PCs now.

same here. :mad:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.