• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Export Problem

Reaction score
When i export my final video in quicktime Uncompressed 8-bit, and burn it in iDVD, and i playback to check it, the video begin and run great, but in random parts of variuos copies, the video stretch and begin to show the fields at end of the playback. I think that must be a compression problem, but I always follow this steps and never gave me this problem. I burn other exported video in my dard disk and don't gave me problems. If somebody have an idea, please replay this post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Try choosing File>Export>Quicktime Movie. Then make sure "Make movie self-contained" is *not* ticked. Then, once that file is finished exporting to your desktop, drag that into a iDVD project and burn. This should work if the movie isn't so large as to need compressing.

OP
T
Reaction score
I did that.

surfwax95 said:
Try choosing File>Export>Quicktime Movie. Then make sure "Make movie self-contained" is *not* ticked. Then, once that file is finished exporting to your desktop, drag that into a iDVD project and burn. This should work if the movie isn't so large as to need compressing.

I already do that, and with quicktime compression too, and gave me the same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
In Final Cut Pro there is an option to analyze your clips. If that is available in FCE, then use it to check the problem clips.

Also, try exporting to some other format such as Quicktime Sorenson to see if the problem still persists. This may help you narrow down where the problem is.

Have you added any other decoders or encoders that are not standard with a Quicktime install. Try removing/moving them to confirm they are not a issue.

Try an archive save from iDVD (5 an up I think) and play that back. Perhaps during the actual DVD write your having some odd issue that isn't being caught.

I'm out of ideas.

Good luck.

OP
T
Reaction score
Neither

xstep said:
In Final Cut Pro there is an option to analyze your clips. If that is available in FCE, then use it to check the problem clips.

Also, try exporting to some other format such as Quicktime Sorenson to see if the problem still persists. This may help you narrow down where the problem is.

Have you added any other decoders or encoders that are not standard with a Quicktime install. Try removing/moving them to confirm they are not a issue.

Try an archive save from iDVD (5 an up I think) and play that back. Perhaps during the actual DVD write your having some odd issue that isn't being caught.

I'm out of ideas.

Good luck.

Nothing work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
...a rather obvious question, but the video looks fine in the timeline playback, right?

OP
T
Reaction score
look find

surfwax95 said:
...a rather obvious question, but the video looks fine in the timeline playback, right?

Looks great in the timeline and in the quicktime movie exported of any kind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.