CS2 on Intel chips..

Reaction score
i dunno if ths is the right place to put this. or in the design bit? but i was wondering what peoples experiences have been trying to run CS2 suite on the new macs with rosetta? i've just bought a MBP and am studying design at uni and i don't have any software installed yet, just wondering if i should pack up my crappy old PC yet or not..?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys

Reaction score
Slow. It might be better to install it on bootcamp if you have a windows cd. I played around with it on a pro, and i cant stand it.

Edit: but i have heard other people say it runs pretty good. Just my experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
well you can pack up your pc because you have a mac and a pc. if you find from experience from runninc adobe cs2 that it is too slow then you can install windows xp sp2 on your computer and boot into windows and run cs2 there.

since you have the machine you might as well try it out and see exactly how fast or slow it is
-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks

thanks guys.. yeah i've heard about bootcamp but kinda thought it totally denies the point of having a mac.. i love OSX compared to windows.. but i guess if things will run smoother with it its worth it.. where could i get bootcamp from? is it expensive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
strekplanfire said:
thanks guys.. yeah i've heard about bootcamp but kinda thought it totally denies the point of having a mac..
My sentiments exactly
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Bootcamp is a free program offered by Apple. By doing an easy Google search for "Bootcamp Apple", this link is the first one listed. Click on it and learn about Bootcamp. Before loading it on your computer, make sure you have a valid copy of XP Pro, or Home that has Service Pack 2 included with it. Older versions without Service Pack 2 will not work. Print out and follow the instructions in the manual. Then enjoy both OS's on your Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
D3v1L80Y said:
My sentiments exactly
:black:

Not to start an essay on why Windows on Macs is good, but there are many specialized programs that have no counterpart on a Mac. People who need to use these programs will find dual-booting a godsend. Also, if he already has Adobe CS2 for PC, then he could save money by running it in XP on his Macbook Pro until Adobe releases the universal binaries for OSX. I know there are alot of PC haters on this forum but lets try to be open minded, especially when a mac just can't get the job done at the moment. ( <--- referring to speed of photoshop in Rosetta.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I used CS2 on a 1.83ghz MBP w/ a gig of ram for a few weeks and the programs were noticeably slower. It wasn't unbearable, but I could tell they werent as fast as normal. I should note that I was also using Indesign and Illustrator at the same time, so that might have made it go even slower. You should be ok with using the programs until they become universal.

Reaction score
i dont get it punkrocktuba, i hear people say that cs2 and adobe in general runs fine on mbp with little lag, but then i hear other people say it will open and then crash and its unbearbly slow.....

Reaction score
Can you say "new paradigm" ??

I think "Boot Camp" and the Intel Macs are pure genious.

I believe it will sell a lot more Macs once the vituosity of this
format is fully appreciated.

just my $0.02

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Bonzaisushi said:
i dont get it punkrocktuba, i hear people say that cs2 and adobe in general runs fine on mbp with little lag, but then i hear other people say it will open and then crash and its unbearbly slow.....
Supposedly, the amount of memory makes a big difference. That might be one factor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Bonzaisushi said:

Yea ive heard both too. With the macbook pro I used, it ran fine if I was just using one program and not doing anything really hardcore. Where I noticed the lag the most was using Indesign, but the other two programs (illustrator and photoshop) werent bad. Its not unbearable though, if I had an intel mac I would have no trouble getting work done. I think how much ram you have plays a really big factor, I only had a gig (2 x 512 sticks) but I bet if you had 1.5 or 2 gigs it would run great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.