Intel - iSync Compatible Mobiles

M

Mark David Hill

Hi

Just bught a Motorola SLVR L7, as listed on the iSync compatible devices at Apple.com but iSsync won't talk to it after pairing the device. I have tried both the iMac and new MacBook. What mobile does anyone know to work with iSync?

Reaction score
iSync needs a lot of work. I bought a phone off the list and it doesn't sync either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Sony Z600. Synchs using iSynch. Spotty performance though. Often get duplicate entries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what do you mean don't talk, it doesn't appear in the add new device list?

OP
M

Mark David Hill

macAttack said:
what do you mean don't talk, it doesn't appear in the add new device list?

It does appear in the 'add list' but then says 'iSync can not connect to device'

Reaction score
*thinks about the new apple commercial with the japanese lady*....ROFL

My Treo 650 and Motorola Razr both work fine. I am surprised the Slvr doesn't since it is similar to the Razr and because of its iTunes support.

Reaction score
It seems some versions of the SLVR L7 do not support BT syncing, only syncing via a USB cable.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303418

Specific tips for syncing Motorola phones

For the complete list of Motorola phones supported with the current version of iSync, see this web page.

If you have a Motorola RAZR V3c, avoid using phone numbers that exceed 31 characters or that contain double-byte characters (such as Japanese or Chinese language characters). Repeatedly syncing these contacts with your phone may cause the information to be truncated and lost.

iSync supports some versions of Motorola RAZR V3c, V3i, PEBL, SLVR L7, and V360 phones only over USB. If the Bluetooth Setup Assistant reports that "There were no supported services found on your device" when pairing your phone, this indicates that you will not be able to sync this phone using Bluetooth. To sync this phone with iSync use a USB data cable instead.

The Verizon-issued Motorola V3c phone only supports contact syncing. Calendar synchronization is not supported on this phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.