• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Alphabet of Manliness - Maddox

G

Geowge

I've only skimmed the book and read to the letter E and I am already confused at the price of the book. For merely 16 dollars you can get the best book in the universe. I barely read anything but the main text in most books, but this one is hilarious even on the cover flaps, the dedication page, the foreward, the acknowledgment, and yes, the back cover reviews. Wake up early tomorrow, go to Borders, and GET THIS BOOK! I found it in the extremely small "humor" section.

Just a little taste:

"HOW TO SURVIVE AS A PIRATE IN THE MODERN WORLD

1. Stabbing the wait staff is looked down upon.

While at work, a pirate may occasionally find himself invited to informal get togethers, where he and his co-workers will eat food and partake in trivial conversations about politics and other such topics they know little about.
During this gathering, or "lunch", one might experience dissatisfaction with the quality of the meal or the diligence of the wait staff, and may wish to take issue with him or her. Though it may be sinsistent with a pirate's nature to stab or assault the server (see figure 4), it is considered ill mannered. A more appropriate way of handling the situation would be to inform the waiter or waitress of the problem and try to resolve the matter without the aid of a cutlass.
Warning: Black and white blood. --> Figure 4 <--"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.