• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bluetooth Pens Anyone!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook PRO 2.16Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 80GB HDD, 15inch
does any one know of a bluetooth pen i could use with my MacBook Pro..?

i have had a look at a sony ericsson one and a nokia one but apperently the sony ericsson one only works with their phones; and the nokia one, i havent found anything saying it does or doesnt work with macs (it does work with PC's but i cant find anything saying it would work for me)

i have also looked at wacom bluebooth graphire tablet and pen how ever it then means i have to lug around a tablet as well as the laptop!... would be good if there was a bluetooth pen that you could write notes with on a piece of paper and as you do sothe pen is sending those notes to your lmac for browsing through later!!

post or email me ([email protected])
if you have any answers!

thanks

william j ford

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
4d001 said:

to anybody who knows information, please post the information in the thread so that we all can benefit from the information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Logitech make a wireless pen (IO), I'm not sure if it's mac compatible though...

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have had a look at the logitech pen and it doesnt say it will work with macs!!

in the required specs page for the pen it only details the specs for windows, so from that i assume it doesnt work with macs

william j ford

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Found this am not sure if it is mac compatible though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet if someone tried one, it'll just work out of the box with OS X...

It's a bit pricey just to try out though...

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have send some of the companies an email asking if their pens work with Macs... when/IF i get a response i will post it up!! but if anyone hears of anything or knows of another product. please lemme know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to a message on one of apple's developers mailing lists, the Logitech IO will NOT work with OS X.

But it kind of puts me off that you need special paper for these things to work though...

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you dont have to have special paper but the quality and accuracy for them to work is greatly improved.. i supose it starts to get slightly less practical though, i mean - if you cant write in your planner and be able to record data because it doesnt have special paper.. would be very annoying

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.