Need a new mouse....dun dun dun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
ok guys. My beloved 5 button Belkin is dying. i click once, it double clicks. I turned it down in system preferences, which gave me about 2 more months, but still acts up

And just now the left button broke off...im outta superglue, so electricians tape will do for now. So i hafta mash the button to click...heck i dont even squeeze the strings of a guitar this hard!

i use USB Overdrive which gave me the last 2 buttons back. How ive missed them! only its become so important in all my work..ive got them hotkeyed and whatnot.

So im browsing ebay. Most 5 buttons are wireless. Will these work on a mac even if they dont say? what about keyboards? im talking the ones with the USB adaptor.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
get us a link to some of the mice you are looking at on ebay.

if the mice are bluetooth they will work, or if they are wireless via a usb type thing they will most likely work as well....if they are IR they will not work
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would recommend one of the new wireless keyboard/mice combos that are available now. Logitech has a nice one (I am using it right now) and Microsoft has just released a new one. I don't generally like Microsoft's software, but I have always liked the hardware they make - they usually do a good job for a reasonable price.

In both cases, these sets have a wireless transmitter that sits at the end of a normal USB link. You plug in the USB end, sit the small, discreet transmitter somewhere on your desk and you are good to go.

The Logitech set combines a very nice low profile keyboard with lots of Mac specific keys and a really excellent mouse, one of the best I have used - left and right buttons, scroll wheel, two thumb buttons for Back/Forward in your browser and a few other bits and bobs. Both look great and would mesh with an iMac beautifully - they are dominantly white with silver accents.

I can't comment on the Microsoft one. I just read a review this AM, and the reviewer loved it, but I haven't seen one yet.

Both products are priced at $99.99 (odd that they should have the SAME price, isn't it?)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
Well, good news. I found another belkin YAY..they were quite hard to find for awhile here. all we have is right handed 3 and 4 button mice. this ones in different (im a lefty) and its just basically the same mouse...so problem solved...for now..once i get a new video card (we have SVideo out on the new cards right?) ill probably score the wireless so i can watch DVDs/Play quake on my tv here. YES i kknow the resoloution sucks, but my eyes are so bad it doesnt matter

Mac57 ill keep your suggestions in mind, as if itll work, ill go for it. a buddy of mine works at Circuit city so i can get em discounted. Hes got a wireless mouse/keyboard combo that has some LCD at hte top and programmable buttons..hes on PC but he has the music buttons run to iTunes and such. Seemed neat

Now i have to ask, those ball mice. The one you move with your thumb, any advantages? ive got carpel tunnel starting (at the old age of 20!) and i had a guitar teacher warn me about 7 years ago i might be interested in one of those mice, or this goofy joystick thingy he had he just moved entireliy with his thumb. Anybody know anything about thise?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.