What's the best Mac magazine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
I've subscribed to PCWorld for years (often referred to it mentally as "pissy world") but thinking might be well to have Mac-oriented publication regularly in order to keep interest and ideas flowing.

What's the best Mac Magazine?

Reaction score
Internet > Magazine

Just subscribe to some RSS feeds. The ones from Apple and Think Secret are pretty nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you really want to get a mag, the best one, IMHO, is iCreate. It's a Brit Mag and is about $15 here in the US, but well worth it. They just merged with Mac Creative and the format has, if anything, gotten better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Barns and Noble stocks it regularly...

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I usually find TopGear at Borders and its British so I say try Borders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
baggss said:
If you really want to get a mag, the best one, IMHO, is iCreate. It's a Brit Mag and is about $15 here in the US, but well worth it. They just merged with Mac Creative and the format has, if anything, gotten better.

you sir are THE man, b/c that's what I was going to say.
Macworld is solid but you can most if not all the same info off their website b4 it prints. (Although I find their site to be somewhat overwhelming)

Baggs, do you have the iCreate issue that goes to explain how to seperate one long itunes track into smaller seperate ones (i.e. for a long mix of somekind) I went to the local borders and Barnes and noble and they were both out. I think it was maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably not. My subscription expired last December and I had not picked up an issue until I got Mays a week or so ago. I think I have issues 1 - 24 or 25 and now issue 28 so there are a few I am missing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Also do a search on the forums. This has been discussed before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The British edition of Macworld is also very good (I agree that iCreate is excellent).

All of these magazines are expensive, no two ways about it. I get people to give me subscriptions as Christmas presents. Of course only a few select folks (like my wife) are willing to shell out that much for a gift, but it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I like MacWorld, somewhat humorus, good reviews and tips and MacAddict for the CDs. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
DCraver said:
I like MacWorld, somewhat humorus, good reviews and tips and MacAddict for the CDs. ;)

I agree. I subscribe to both. I personally think MacAddict is better than MacWorld (more, better "How-To" articles".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
icreate

hi

icreate is the best mac magazine - its the magazine apple
would make.

regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Personally I wouldn't pay for any Mac magazines (or any tech magazine for that matter). By the time they're written and mailed the information is completely outdated. Not to mention all of it's available for free online, including the actual magazine most of the time.

So generally I would say the best Mac magazine is the Internet. News, tips, shareware...all freely gotten around the net.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's almost completely true for any written News medium. Everything from Time to National Geographic to House and Home can be found online. Most newspapers can be found online as well. There is something about the physical possession of written material that is still appealing though.

And while there has been a recent explosion in digital wireless devices, sitting on the Bus, Train, Plane or wherever and surfing the web with your cellphone/PDA is not quite as satisfying as sitting back and reading a magazine or newspaper is. Granted the technology is cool, but the convenience, not to mention the screen size, can often be a drawback.

Unless your sitting at home on front of your Computer or TV all the time, written publications still serve a useful purpose, even to us forum junkies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If necessary I would buy a magazine for flight etc, but to this point I've never found I needed to do that. I just don't see the need to pay for a magazine, especially a Mac-related one, which almost always is more filled with ads than content and the content they do have is outdated and available much earlier for free online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I just got Mac Format (also published in the UK) and it is pretty good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.