Ram *OPINION* Question

C

caveatipss

In your *opinion*, what is the best aftermarket RAM brand to buy for my iMac, and why? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Frrom everything I have been reading, Crucial is the way to go. However, I just added a 512 stick to my MBP that I purchased from OWC and it has been working great.

Reaction score
Over the years I've used RAM from many sources, both for business and personal (PC and Mac), and I have always had the best experience with Crucial. Recently I purchased a couple of 1GB sticks for my iMac from Crucial, and as always they work great.

Regardless of which vendor you end up going with, just make sure it's guaranteed to work with your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
You finally asked a decent questions so heres a decent response.

Crucial, Samsung, Hynix.

Good rule of thumb is to check out www.newegg.com for ram. I don't know of another site that has their level of service and quality at their prices. Locate the type of ram that you need for your imac, and then read some of the reviews that other owners have posted. Mac users are pretty good on there about posting what has worked for them and what doesnt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I agree with everyone else, Crucial has been my favorite. Crucial is my dad's favorite too, we always get Crucial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Crucial or OWC if you want 100% reliability + good customer service. Any ram will do as long as it doesn't fail the initial memory tests, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.