Just purchased a MBP 17'

Reaction score
Hi guys, well last night i pushed the Pay Button on the apple store. and hopefully soon ill recieve my Mac book Pro 17". I got the 7200 rpm, and 2 gigs of ram, with the matte screen. Ive been a windows user for along time but i Edit photos non stop and i just wanted something i could take with me anywhere and edit on the fly. Im somewhat bummed that adobe hasnt released the universal binary which would allow photoshop to run up to par. right?

Anyways, i currently need a good photo editing program, i have never used iphoto, does it allow you to make borders and edit photos slightly?

Im not to experienced with macs, so im nervous and excited all at the same time.

Anything else i should know?

Im moving to australia here soon, and i want to back up my photos and music on my old computer(windows) so would that be possible if i were to just buy a external HD and transfer them to the external hd?

Sorry if my post didnt make much sense. Anyways. Thankyou!

U

UncSki1218

Photoshop is good...but as he said it isn't universal yet and wouldn't perform well on an MBP. iPhoto has some pretty powerful editing tools. I don't think it could do borders but I'm sure there is some freeware for that kind of thing. As for the hard drive, just buy any external. You can just plug it right in and copy what you want. I do it and it works like a charm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Bonzaisushi said:
Anything else i should know?

I hope you can put up with the MBP whine! :D

I couldn't

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
UncSki1218 said:
It has supposedly been fixed...my friends is fine.

I have never experienced the "whine" with my MBP either. :)

And to the original poster, congratulations on your purchase. :batman:

OP
B
Reaction score
Im very excite thanks for the welcome, i went down to my local apple store and talked with a couple guys for awhile about how excited i am. showed me a few things, i played around with a MBP 17 but it didnt have 2 gigs of ram, and it felt slow. but mabye thats just the transition thing im feeling. I know macs tend to not get bogged down like windows does at times. anyway i cant wait. i know photoshop very very well, just kinda bummed its not running up to par yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.