PDA phones with mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
Didnt know where to post this thread really, but since im still a mac newcomer and its probably an easy question ive put it here!

Basically im after a PDA type phone, but I obviously want it to be compatible with my iMac.

I have 3 options. I am on an orange contract, and with my upgrade I have available to me the Palm treo 650, and the SPV M600. Now both of these are decent phones and both work with the mac, BUT are both out of stock and have a 2 month waiting list!

My other option is an unlocked O2 xda mini my friends selling. Which I can buy and then flog the upgrade phone. It runs windows mobile 5, the same as the SPV phone, so I assume it will work with my mac, but i'd obviously like it confirming. Also, anyone had any experience with these phones and what would you reccomend?

Ive done some google searching about the xda but no mention about mac compatibility.

Oh also, these are all phones in the UK, they may be named differently in the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB
Treo 650

Im in exactly the same boat as you, and after much research i think the Orange Treo 650 is your best bet as it uses the palm os, i have been using the XDA (o2) for a couple of years now and it was great when i was a PC user but even with the 3rd party software it did'nt sync very well with my Mac.
It would rearrange my address book and was'nt interested in i-cal.
Like you i think i am going to have to join the waiting list. Im going to the orange shop again tomorrow to see what they say, the guy i spoke to today seemed like a bit of a Mac geek and said he uses the treo with no problems.
Other Mac users i know use the Sony Ericksson p900i but they have to use outlook on their Macs.

Gimpy said:
Didnt know where to post this thread really, but since im still a mac newcomer and its probably an easy question ive put it here!

Basically im after a PDA type phone, but I obviously want it to be compatible with my iMac.

I have 3 options. I am on an orange contract, and with my upgrade I have available to me the Palm treo 650, and the SPV M600. Now both of these are decent phones and both work with the mac, BUT are both out of stock and have a 2 month waiting list!

My other option is an unlocked O2 xda mini my friends selling. Which I can buy and then flog the upgrade phone. It runs windows mobile 5, the same as the SPV phone, so I assume it will work with my mac, but i'd obviously like it confirming. Also, anyone had any experience with these phones and what would you reccomend?

Ive done some google searching about the xda but no mention about mac compatibility.

Oh also, these are all phones in the UK, they may be named differently in the US.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core duo 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 256 Mb gfx, 500Gb storage, OSX 10.4.6 and XP sp2
I ended up with the xda mini s. Its a very nice pda phone but I havent tried syncing with the mac yet. To be honest though the main thing I want to be able to sync is my work shifts so it isnt the end of the world if I must use mac outlook to do that.

I was going to get the treo, but its now discontinued so that ended that plan, and the waiting list for the spv was over 3 months! Thats what decided it in the end for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.