MB vs. MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I am torn b/w the MB and the MBP. I love the sleekness of the MB but the aluminum shell on the MBP is pretty sweet too. My dillema(sp?) is that in order to pay for this switch from my life long PC use, so like 8 maybe 9 years, to a mac, im going to sell my xbox 360 and my psp, therefore im basically giving up gaming. This will likely be sorta tuff for me but not as tough as it would be for some ppl. I normally have like short spans of intense involvment in gaming seperated by longer periods of inactivity. So my question is, for my situation, would it really be worth it to work for an extra month this summer to pay for a MBP for its graphic ability, which is rather appalingly staggering(<<does that make any sense?) compared to the MB, rather than just buying a MB which is actually more asthetically appealing to me (id be buying white). I also would be upgrading to 1gb of ram and 120gb HD whether its a MB or a MBP. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!!!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, since you're selling your consoles, I'd go with the MBP.

That way you can still get your game on...
Otherwise, keep the xbox and get the MB.

Reaction score
hard call... what do you plan on doing with the MB/MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
CarlConti08 said:
I am torn b/w the MB and the MBP. I love the sleekness of the MB but the aluminum shell on the MBP is pretty sweet too. My dillema(sp?) is that in order to pay for this switch from my life long PC use, so like 8 maybe 9 years, to a mac, im going to sell my xbox 360 and my psp, therefore im basically giving up gaming. This will likely be sorta tuff for me but not as tough as it would be for some ppl. I normally have like short spans of intense involvment in gaming seperated by longer periods of inactivity. So my question is, for my situation, would it really be worth it to work for an extra month this summer to pay for a MBP for its graphic ability, which is rather appalingly staggering(<<does that make any sense?) compared to the MB, rather than just buying a MB which is actually more asthetically appealing to me (id be buying white). I also would be upgrading to 1gb of ram and 120gb HD whether its a MB or a MBP. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!!!

Thanks!

If you want to do 3D gaming, get a MacBook Pro. There's no question. Keep in mind that the MBPs get pretty toasty. Every single one I've played with are easily twice as hot as my Athlon 64 notebook, which is certainly saying something. Alternatively, I'd say keep the PSP and get a MacBook. Then you'll have the computer you want with a portable gaming device that has killer graphics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's what I'm going to do...
The macbook will run the casual PC games I want to play (GTA: Vice city, occasional strategy game - empire earth or the likes, max payne 2... all the older pc titles I've missed basically) and I might get a PSP later on if there are any more current games I want to have - (like GTA: San andreas stories for PSP)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.