Dashboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
How do I change the location of the weather widget? How can I add more widgets to dashboard?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
playm0de said:
How do I change the location of the weather widget? How can I add more widgets to dashboard?
Thanks.

Download a piece of software from the apple website called amnesty (go to the mac os x tab then click on downloads on the subtabs) it helps you manage dashboard and can also help people with 10.3 use dashboard too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
it's easier just to drag it around. and to add widgets, there is a little cross embedded in a circle at the bottom left of your screen. click it, and a list of your widgets will come out. click the manage widgets one, and you can jsut add from there

Reaction score
F you want to change the city location from say London to Edinburgh, then cursor over the widget, bottom right, an i will appear. Click on this and the widget will rotate. Overtype London with Edinburgh. Hope this is what you meant. Cheers Mitcheroonet

C

caveatipss

playm0de said:
Thanks.

This answer can be found on Google or the search function of these forums. Thus, that question ought never have been asked.

Reaction score
caveatipss said:
This answer can be found on Google or the search function of these forums. Thus, that question ought never have been asked.

Maybe he was going by your theory of convenience. It is easier for him to ask the question and get the answer then search countless internet posts for the answer. I believe you stated something similar to that in one of your million posts.

Also, this is a switcher forum and he is new to the OS, I see no problem with his question.

Edit-Here is exactly what you said Caveatipiss
"Here is a simple answer for you, my friend. It is easier and less time-consuming to just ask a question and have someone answer it, then search countless posts and look all over the internet. It has nothing to do with my computer knowledge or skills. Rather, it is a simple matter of convenience."

C

caveatipss

Turbo said:
Maybe he was going by your theory of convenience. It is easier for him to ask the question and get the answer then search countless internet posts for the answer. I believe you stated something similar to that in one of your million posts.

Also, this is a switcher forum and he is new to the OS, I see no problem with his question.

Edit-Here is exactly what you said Caveatipiss
"Here is a simple answer for you, my friend. It is easier and less time-consuming to just ask a question and have someone answer it, then search countless posts and look all over the internet. It has nothing to do with my computer knowledge or skills. Rather, it is a simple matter of convenience."

So, are you therefore saying that it IS ok to just ask a question in a forum designed for people to ask questions? Thanks for admitting that. Now, I am also new to the OS, but I am not allowed the same luxury of asking questions. What's good for the goose is god for the gander. If I am not allowed to ask any question that has theoretically been answered at least once somewhere on the internet, then neither is anyone else.

U

UncSki1218

ahhhhhh. everyone leave caveat alone and caveat just ignore people. unfortunately, how to move a widget isnt a commonly asked question so it may have been hard to find. lets all just relax and make the forums friendly and helpful like they were not so long ago. and everyone else just leave caveat alone because i thought maybe this was all finally over...hopefully it is now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
caveatipss said:
So, are you therefore saying that it IS ok to just ask a question in a forum designed for people to ask questions? Thanks for admitting that. Now, I am also new to the OS, but I am not allowed the same luxury of asking questions. What's good for the goose is god for the gander. If I am not allowed to ask any question that has theoretically been answered at least once somewhere on the internet, then neither is anyone else.

Are you done yet?

Reaction score
I am really frustrated! I have a google widget but when I post a search nothing happens. This may be ignorant question but How do you use the Google widget on the dashboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
You type what you want in the Google Search on your Dashboard then press the return key. A page in Safari will open up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.