Needing help on setting up ClamAv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
Here is the problem...when I udate the program I get this all the time.

SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES

What is it I need to do to get this to update and scan my email and all? I am as you know a new mac user.

Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
jram said:

I have no idea whatsoever they are talking about when they say to install:

First step would be to install the libraries required by clamav. To install zlib, gmp, curl and bzip2 libraries on debian you will issue commands as shown below.

# apt-get install libgmp3
# apt-get install libgmp3-dev
# apt-get install zlib1g
# apt-get install zlib1g-dev
# apt-get install zlibc
# apt-get install curl
# apt-get install bzip2
# groupadd clamav
# useradd -g clamav -s /usr/bin/true -c "Clam Antivirus" clamav
$ ./configure --with-libcurl --with-dbdir=/var/clamdb --enable-shared
$ make
# make install

What am I using to do this? I am just used to clicking exe and they do they work. Also, what is debian or RPM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
What version of Clam are you running? it seems to me that your not running the OS X version. Which is ClamXav Oh wait I did find this on the page.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 20"
IronMac said:
What version of Clam are you running? it seems to me that your not running the OS X version. Which is ClamXav Oh wait I did find this on the page.

Thanks for the article. I chose to do as he did and just let it be.

Simplifying it slightly, magic numbers are calculated on each file and compared with the server's calculation. If the two numbers match, you can safely assume the files have not been tampered with on their way to your computer. I chose not to include support for digital signatures as it would involve increasing the size and time of the ClamXav download and would require even more files to be installed on your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.