5400 or 7200rpm

J

janaxel

Hi!

I am going to buy eighter a macbook or macbook pro! I will use programs like protools, logic and reason! Is it very important to have 7200rpm, or can I use 5400rpm as in ordinary macbook?

any answer will help... thanks

Reaction score
janaxel said:
Hi!

I am going to buy eighter a macbook or macbook pro! I will use programs like protools, logic and reason! Is it very important to have 7200rpm, or can I use 5400rpm as in ordinary macbook?

any answer will help... thanks

choose 7200rpm if perfomance is a matter to you because this harddrive is faster, if storage is a matter to you than choose the 5400rpm

hope that answers that your questions :)

CS

OP
Z

ZoinX

I have the same dilema , I think hes meaning the same as me , like im not sure if the macbook pro is worth double the price of the macbook. just for a 7200rpm hard drive. Anyone know differences in these 2 , and how significant they are for audio ??

Thanks ,

Sean

OP
R

Rob

If you are just doing basic things, thing where the hearddrive is not being accessed all of the time, (Games, movie editing..ect) then you won't notice a difference. And even if you are to do those types of things, you most likly won't notice that big of a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
ZoinX said:
I have the same dilema , I think hes meaning the same as me , like im not sure if the macbook pro is worth double the price of the macbook. just for a 7200rpm hard drive. Anyone know differences in these 2 , and how significant they are for audio ??

Thanks ,

Sean

I don't know about the differences for audio, but you can always install a 7200rpm drive in a MacBook after you buy it. 100gb 7200rpm drives are available for about $165 from online computer stores. You can buy the fast drive for your main drive and then stick the slower one that came with the computer into an external USB case for backup and storage...

OP
Z

ZoinX

kaidomac said:
I don't know about the differences for audio, but you can always install a 7200rpm drive in a MacBook after you buy it. 100gb 7200rpm drives are available for about $165 from online computer stores. You can buy the fast drive for your main drive and then stick the slower one that came with the computer into an external USB case for backup and storage...

Surely that would destroy the warranty wouldnt it ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.