Addition to the buy/sell forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
I was curious if one of the mods could add a stickey to the buy/sell forum titled "Traders to watch out for". Several other sites use a thread like this as a quick reference of member names who have cheated people on the site. I know its a use at your own risk section but having something like this couldn't hurt.

M

MJGUK

Fair comment, that statement is perfectly clear and reasonable.

But I can only comment on the post itself and say, as an idea.....It's pretty good.

OP
techster82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know that schweb put a link to that site in the forum rules, and it was a great idea. What I was suggesting was just a simple stickey that would allow us to post the user names of bad traders, or "trolls" as a quick reference before one of us would pursue a deal with someone. Of course it could also be used to let others know of great traders who we had a pleasant experience with. Basically it would be a forum feedback system. If the mods are against this for some reason, let me know and I will drop it. But it would be very effective and hassle free for someone to do.

OP
techster82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D3v1L80Y said:
I thought we already "solved" the Buy/Sell Forum issue.
*shrug*

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34385

Why are you so against a simple method to helping Mac-Forums members out in the buy/sell area? Yes the mods did the right thing by allowing the area to continue on a "buyer beware" principle, but this would be an easy and effective tool for all members.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
We will not create the sticky, the simple reason is that the forum/staff take no responsibility for anything that goes on there. If the users were to choose to create a thread for feedback on sellers then feel free to do so.

For us to do anything in an official way would require us to take on more liability in that area and we are unwilling to do that. As is stated in the rules, it is use at your own risk. I also believe that the website linked to gives very good advice about safeguarding your online transaction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.