Some Weird Things

A

aija_k

I don't expect to get any help on this right away, but I'm a first time Mac owner and I'd like help...you see I just got a new iMac g5. It has the dual processor thingy, and I've already installed my Windows XP using boot camp and it was all fine.

There have been a few things bothering me, though.

- My mouse and keyboard have to continuously be unplugged and plugged back in because they just shut off. I'm having a wireless mouse and keyboard shipped to me soon, will that change it if I use bluetooth?

- I burned a copy of the mac drivers cd and did what the instructions told me to do (from the boot camp area on the apple site) but my control key will not work as the right click button, and after restarting my computer once, neither the volume keys nor the eject key works while I'm on the Windows XP.

In the instructions it says if it appears the drivers aren't working, to put the CD back into the drive, but when I do, it doesn't work anymore. It won't pop up on it's own, and I can't open it up manually either. I was thinking about re-burning it but I don't know if that is a good idea or not.

- I have a Photoshop Elements for PCs, which I installed with no problem, but once I tried installing my Dreamweaver/Flash etc package (also for PC) my CD drive and the task panel along the bottom locked up.

Has anyone else had these problems?

For the time being I guess I'm going to be chilling on the Mac half of my computer because it's **** on the PC side. @_@

Thanks for any help.

OP
A

aija_k

aija_k said:
I don't expect to get any help on this right away, but I'm a first time Mac owner and I'd like help...you see I just got a new iMac g5. It has the dual processor thingy, and I've already installed my Windows XP using boot camp and it was all fine.

There have been a few things bothering me, though.

- My mouse and keyboard have to continuously be unplugged and plugged back in because they just shut off. I'm having a wireless mouse and keyboard shipped to me soon, will that change it if I use bluetooth?

- I burned a copy of the mac drivers cd and did what the instructions told me to do (from the boot camp area on the apple site) but my control key will not work as the right click button, and after restarting my computer once, neither the volume keys nor the eject key works while I'm on the Windows XP.

In the instructions it says if it appears the drivers aren't working, to put the CD back into the drive, but when I do, it doesn't work anymore. It won't pop up on it's own, and I can't open it up manually either. I was thinking about re-burning it but I don't know if that is a good idea or not.

- I have a Photoshop Elements for PCs, which I installed with no problem, but once I tried installing my Dreamweaver/Flash etc package (also for PC) my CD drive and the task panel along the bottom locked up.

Has anyone else had these problems?

For the time being I guess I'm going to be chilling on the Mac half of my computer because it's **** on the PC side. @_@

Thanks for any help.

Oh wow, I just realized my mac mouse DOES have a right mouse button. it's weird but, when i click the right hand side of the main button it acts as the right mouse button while i'm in the XP mode. clever.

I messed with the keyboard and mouse settings and they haven't been turning themselves off lately, so I'm okay with that I guess.

I realized my dreamweaver and flash programs are made for macs too, I thought it was just the PC version. I'm downloading them on my mac side right now because the PC side's being lame. We'll see how this stuff works.

Reaction score
What tpye of mouse are you using?

If it is the Mighty Mouse, you have right click in OS X aswell. It keeps the sleek one button look, but still has two button functions. Lovely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.