Saw Macbook Pro Today...

C

caveatipss

...in the cafe. Beautiful. I realize that I can now afford an iMac maxed out, or a Macbook Pro with really good specs. What to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
oh man

just wait. and then figure out what you can really afford. and then figure out if you need portability or not.
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
If you want portability, definately go with the MacBook Pro. It's essentially just a portable iMac with a smaller screen. Make sure you get the 7200rpm drive though; my sister-in-law bought a MacBook yesterday and the 5400rpm drive speed is noticeably slower than my 7200rpm 2.5" hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
If you don't make a decision soon I am going to come down to Lafayette and break both of your hands so that you cannot type 10 posts per day asking what to do.

Now that I got that off my chest I feel much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
The MacBook Pro seems to have some issues. People complain about noise, apparently both the MacBook and MacBook Pro have heat issues. Not to mention there have been a case or two about the 'MagSafe' burning up/catching fire. I would buy a MacBook over an iMac in a heartbeat if they didn't have the problems they have. They both basically have the same features, just one is more portable.

I would go with the iMac.

OP
C

caveatipss

iBeldar said:
The MacBook Pro seems to have some issues. People complain about noise, apparently both the MacBook and MacBook Pro have heat issues. Not to mention there have been a case or two about the 'MagSafe' burning up/catching fire. I would buy a MacBook over an iMac in a heartbeat if they didn't have the problems they have. They both basically have the same features, just one is more portable.

I would go with the iMac.

Done. iMac it is. I order Friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
coach_z said:
are you sure?
there may be a revision! in 3 weeks

no one knows for sure when the next rev will be out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Maybe. But he could order the iMac then save up his pennies and order a MacBook in the future, when the problems are resolved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
what's the revision in 3 weeks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
OP
I

iRizzo

I say get the Macbook Pro. The latest revision is flawless...well mine is at least.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.