• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

error burning a eyetv2 file with toast 7

F

Fallooza

i burned this same file on my mini. after transferin the file ta my imac i get this error (see attachment). sorry for the short post but its late and im off ta bed. any help would be appreciated. i also didnt do any serchin so sorry if this has been covered.

Picture 3.png

OP
F

Fallooza

i have used different disks and tryed slowed burnin speeds but still get the same error. has anyone else had this error here? i hope its not the lazer goin bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
Have you tried say burning an audio cd and checking if it works in any other machine?

Reaction score
Fallooza said:
i have used different disks and tryed slowed burnin speeds but still get the same error. has anyone else had this error here? i hope its not the lazer goin bad.

Ok, I had a proper look at the google link I posted myself now I have more time and I think it either comes down to using cheap discs (what discs have you tried btw? what brand I mean) or it could be a dirty/dusty lens. Someone fixed their problem by using a dvd lens cleaner. So it might work for you, but if you have been consistantly using cheap dvds then that might be part of the problem too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i get that on rare occasion, sometimes the disks still work perfectly. sometimes i feel it is due to having a fingerprint or something else on the disk
-chris

OP
F

Fallooza

makwanad said:
Have you tried say burning an audio cd and checking if it works in any other machine?
yes and it worked. i also burned a smaller eye tv file. it gave an error at the end but the dvd (dl dvd) did work.

zeta101 said:
Ok, I had a proper look at the google link I posted myself now I have more time and I think it either comes down to using cheap discs (what discs have you tried btw? what brand I mean) or it could be a dirty/dusty lens. Someone fixed their problem by using a dvd lens cleaner. So it might work for you, but if you have been consistantly using cheap dvds then that might be part of the problem too.
the disks are FUGIFILM. they were the cheapest at my bestbuy.

i took the same file and burned in on my mini with one of the disks that wasnt workin on the iMac. it worked fine.

i guess the next step is ta clean the lens. any suggestion on how? i figure its i special cd with brushes on it. what do you guys use?

i thank you all for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
That has popped up once or twice for me. The few times it happen was when it was the first disk of the stack. I always use Maxell DVD-R.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The last time i saw that i did three things. Not sure what resolved it. I did something with buffer over/under run, reduced the burn speed and used better media. I tend to use Verbatim, TDK, Imation, and Fujii.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmmm, I've never seen that error before...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.