iTunes management

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.5/1.25gb SupaDrive
I've been deleting a few gigs of music to free up space on my drive, but the songs are still showing up in the iTunes Library. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of those entries in iTunes?... or update the library list?... no point in keeping information on songs I've deleted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
instead of deleting the music in it's folder, delete it from within itunes and it will ask you if you want to permanently delete it, in which case you would click that. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Yes. On a Mac, don't eer fiddle with the iLife's folders. It messes things up.

Use the application to delete stuff. You have to think less folder-orientedly but more Application-oriented.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.5/1.25gb SupaDrive
all right... what you guys suggest is a great thing to keep in mind for the future. but it doesn't help me get rid of the ! entries I still have in iTunes... but anyways... forget it, I'll figure it out one way or another.

yogi- ??? "Application Oriented"??? One of the reasons I switched to Macs was the sense that there was less of that dogmatism... less do-it-this-way... I don't know, maybe that's stupid. At any rate, I don't know how you interperet deleting files with extensions that I recognize as "fiddling." Please don't think I'm saying this to be an ***... I guess I just want a better idea of where you are coming from with the whole Application Oriented thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
Well using the same idea, find those songs in itunes and delete them. Is this not your problem? If there isn't any source file backing the entry in itunes then maybe it just doesnt ask you if you want to move anything to the trash. If that doesn't work, try and find the songs youre trying to delete in the itunes folder listed under Music.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.