Dreeeaaamweaver, I Think You Can Get Me Through The Night

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
No, and it may never be. Adobe purchased Macromedia and rumor is they will kill off Dreamweaver in favor of their GoLive Application. The only part of Macromedia that will go universal will be the next verison of Flash, which Adobe will keep around. Now I am just going on what I have read so if I am incorrect someone let me know.

OP
C

caveatipss

So, is there software for html design out there that is as good as Dreamweaver?

OP
L

lil

Unless Adobe basically renames Dreamweaver GoLive, Adobe would be making a mistake to ditch Dreamweaver in favour of GoLive.

Dreamweaver is just a better product than GoLive and a careful fusion of the two would be optimal.

Certainly Freehand is going the way of the wind.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)
Almost everybody I have talked to prefers GoLive to Dreamweaver. I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe kept their own app in favor of Dreamweaver. I have both and find GoLive easier to use since I started playing with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Seriously? GoLive against Dreamweaver? I think Adobe would be crazy to kill the most used WizzyWig web design application out there...

Reaction score
techster82 said:
Almost everybody I have talked to prefers GoLive to Dreamweaver. I wouldn't be surprised if Adobe kept their own app in favor of Dreamweaver. I have both and find GoLive easier to use since I started playing with it.

Dreamweaver is THE profeesionals tool for web developing. GoLive doesnt come anywhere near in power. I highly doubt Dreamweaver is going anywhere. A name change maybe, but completely scrapped I doubt it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
techster82 said:

Easier is not necessarily better... Dreamweaver is a much more streamlined and quicker application for those of us who write more of our code by hand with only basic aids from the application... GoLive is better for the unexperienced web designers but tends to just get in the way for pros. It would be foolish for Adobe to end Dreamweaver... As Lil said a hybrid would be best... Possibly GoLive with two different viewing/operating modes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
caveatipss said:
So, is there software for html design out there that is as good as Dreamweaver?

Yes, TextEdit.

Learn how to code HTML and write it from scratch...:black:

at least that is what I do... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, I've actually used Dreamweaver a fair bit, but since it's fairly chunky on my iBook, I now use SubEthaEdit instead for most of my stuff...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.