a Imac G5?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
====
Moved
====

You would need to buy an intel mac. I would suggest getting as much RAM (most important) as you can afford and getting the most powerful CPU you can afford.

Download BootCamp and instal XP.

By using a 20" display you will use up a lot more of your graphics card/CPU than not. I believe that the intel macs are slightly quicker than the G5 in some areas, but I am sure you will notice a difference between the speed in a standing desktop and a little bit smaller book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5
Hi, welcome to the world of Macs.

I don't think there is anything you can "buy" to make your PC programs run on a Mac. I would suggest looking at the installation discs (if you have them) and see if they can run on a Mac OS.

The other suggestion I have is to look for a free Mac equivalent of the software that you use. Something to get you through, until you can afford to buy new.

The Power PC (PPC) chips are the "old" world of Mac. I haven't personally used a new Intel Mac, but the word is they are truly fast. I would guess, with RAM being equal on both machines, the MacBook would be snappier than an iMac G5.

Keep in mind that some programs (like Photoshop & Office) *should* run faster on an iMac G5 as they have not yet been configured to run natively on the Intel Macs.

You may want to wait until the universal versions of your favorite programs are released before buying an Intel Mac. If you can't wait, go for the G5. They are still an extremely fast computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.