• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HD to Standard/Fullscreen in FCP

I

ivfcp

Someone recently videotaped my wedding with two cameras for me and the problem is one was set on DV and the other on HDV. I know I can edit them both in the same sequence and export it in standard def.

My question is, can I some how change the HD view to full screen rather than have the black bars on the top and bottom? I know that it will cut off some of the video on the edge- but I would rather the whole thing be fullscreen. I don't want to capture it yet because I don't know know if I would do this size change in the loading or editing process.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

OP
I

ivfcp

Okay, I am testing. I loaded something in HD. Then put it in a DV sequence and when I went into the Motion tab of the clip, the scale was naturally set at 50%. Changing it to about 68% took it to the edge of the screen. I rendered it and looks fine but I think it is a little blurry.

Let me know if you know a better way to accomplish this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.