WIndows xp on imac!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if anyone has installed windows xp on thier imac using bootcamp. I don't know how to get sp2 wiht the cd. With my windows xp pro cd I just normally downloaded it from the microsoft update website.

Now i have installed windows xp and it does not allow me to install any drivers because the software is not updated. Any suggestions or if anyone may have encountered the same problem.

Thank you in advacnce.

OP
B
Reaction score
Update on teh error.

When I try to install the mac osx drivers this is the error i get. "Software does not support this hardware"

any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
AFAIK it has to be SP2, not an upgradeable version of XP (SP1 or other)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
i've read that you can slipstream sp2 onto an xp install disc. check on the onmac.net forums.

http://forum.onmac.net/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
this should probably be placed in the new windows, linux and other software thread, but anyway.

as the installation instructions of bootcamp state (in breif) you need windows xp sp2 cd in order to install, you can not do sp2 later etc. etc. etc.

there is a way around it though, but a friendly reminder: read up on your directions next time
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.