Downloading an E-book to my Mac

Reaction score
Roch, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Retina 5K 27inches 2017 Sierra 10.12.6 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Radeon 5
Hello friends,

I've just purchased a photographic e-book.

My query is, where do I save it, onto my Mac, in order for me to be able to print it?

Thank you, Frank.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can save it your "Documents" folder. However, you probably should find out if you can print the eBook. Some eBooks are protected by DRM and while you can read them on your Mac or PC, they are not allowed to be printed. Since you're in the UK, I do not know if DRM applies to eBooks but here in the US it does.

Some eBooks that are presented in the PDF format usually can be printed or copied.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Retina 5K 27inches 2017 Sierra 10.12.6 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Radeon 5
Hello chscag,

thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. I'm one of these idiots, who enjoys printing things!

Frank.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Think of the trees! :)

Maybe some are or will be soon using hemp!!!

Hemp has a much higher concentration of cellulose and has a long history of being used for paper, as well as many other products such as rope, clothing, and textiles. While harvesting trees isn’t necessarily an environmentally harmful solution for paper demand, harvesting hemp instead is a far more efficient one.
https://www.usrepresented.com/2015/11/23/hemp-is-the-future-of-paper/

PS: I understand it can make some better paper as well but maybe that's not a good thing… ????

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
My query is, where do I save it, onto my Mac, in order for me to be able to print it?

You might want to set your Desktop as your default download location, then you can deal with it easily and move it to wherever you want.

As for printing your e-book, maybe start with some web searches like:
Mac how to print an e-book
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...y-ab..0.1.96...0i13k1j0i13i30k1.0.GNQeBwmBeIs

Even if DRM is incorporated, I believe using the free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) can allow other options. Maybe even printing.

- Patrick
======

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello Patrick, hello RazOrEdge,

I do try to be careful about not wasting trees. But, I still like to have a hard copy print , of information that I would like to keep.

I've been away for most of the past week, but for the past 2 days I've been unwell. I'll take a look at the e-book later on.

Thank you, Frank.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.