• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

drug overdose at the apartments where I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
cops are outside waiting for the coroner to show up to remove the body. very sad. seems like many people here either have drug and or alcohol abuse issues. And they have all these problems in their lives and are unable to see that the drugs/alcohol is the cause of it all. they seem to have no clue.

if you have drug issues, this includes alcohol, get help before it's too late. its only too late when the coroner shows up.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes...the stress's of life...and the addictive nature of the many substances (hard to kick the habit once started)...many times can make the end result not pretty.

Hopefully this OD situation was not fatal.

- Nick

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it was fatal. that's why they needed the coroner.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
A whole bunch died this week from fentenyl in blow. It just isn’t worth rolling the dice anymore but not everyone can make that choice.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
everyone thinks they can do a little weed and they will be ok they can control it. their usually wrong. eventually for many people weed leads to stronger drugs. think I've read stories about weed having fentenyl in it. like you said its not worth it.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
one thing I notice about people hooked on drugs booze. they stick together. friend each other. birds of a feather flock together, and old saying that is so true. makes sense. if you're a druggie, you don't tend to hang out with sober people that don't do drugs. that's not fun. Not judging anyone, just making an observation. I have my issues. we all do. no one is perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
in my line of work, I see and work with lots of people who do all sorts of tings. I'm a tea totler personally, though I enjoy a very well aged single malt... but I don't tend to see weed smokers go to harder things, in fact many states where they legalized it, have their opioid rates drop significantly.

I don't advocate for or against, I just hope people are ok, and we as a society can be open minded enough to embrace new strategies and cast off those that have failed. For the good and health of all.

Sorry to hear of the death in your building. Its sad when someone succumbs to this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, got to be careful. Even LSD has medicinal value. When taken in micro-doses, it can be beneficial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Often a horrible way to go; it isn't always just fading off into unconsciousness, unaware of what's happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.5 GHz Core i7 (I7-7567U) 8 GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
So sorry to hear about this. I have quit smoking a while ago ever since my baby girl was born so i am keeping a fare distance between me and all the things like these. my party days are over until my precious is grown and flown to be a strong and able girl.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I had a family member get into drugs. Not a pretty thing to happen. I am pleased to say that that member is now totally clean and leading a very good life. Doesn't even touch alcohol any more.

As for me, my parents were both VERY heavy smokers. Father on 80/day at one point. I have never as much touched tobacco or any other type of drug in my life and never seen the point, only what it has done to others. I remember being told that if you could remember the 60s then you weren't there. Well, I remember them and I was there. I was an aircraft electrician in the R.A.F. through that time and saw a few idiots who were getting their kicks and thought that they could carry on working on the aircraft. Not on my shift they didn't. We were working on the big transports of the day and lives of the passengers were being put on the line.

The only thing I have 'enjoyed', sometimes to extreme in my youth, is my English beer, but even that I gave up at the times I needed to and never went to work drunk, or near.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.