• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

BBC Sticks Job Interview Candidate on air...by mistake! ;)

L

lil

Hello,

Saw this on the beeb's news site this morning.

It's about a chap who went for an interview for an IT post but got mistaken for a technology correspondent and was put live on air in an interview on the BBC's 24hrs news channel—News 24.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4774429.stm

You can watch the news item too, you will need Windows Media Player (or Flip4Mac QT Codec) or RealOne Player.

The poor chap in this instance was asked about the Apple vs. Apple court case judgement that came this time last week.

What a poor soul and blimey talk about the ultimate job interview, seeing how you cope live on air to millions of people! :flower: I'd of been right in there if they mistook me for the technology correspondant. *chuckles*

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Blimey! Just watched the interview.
That guy looked completely befuddled.
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ha, yeah iwhat showed us that in the IRC chat, thanks for bringing it with more detail and to the rest of the community.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
So, did he get the job? After that they own him something.

OP
L

lil

He sure should rman! Anybody who does that for a job interview deserves the job for havung the balls!

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
He was just a taxi driver too. I was reading about it on sunday in the guardian.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually the article says hes not a cab driver. The paper printed it wrong. Hes from the congo new graduate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
No wonder nobody reads the gaurdian. I did read it different in The Sun but being a Liverpool fan The Sun should not be read by me.

OP
L

lil

Just making conscious notes here not to do a Boris Johnson :flower:

Indeed not he's not a cabbie at all. I reckon if someone steps though the frames you could probably accurately pinpoint the moment the poor chap fills his pants.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha! and its honor roll lil, not honour :biohazard silly UK spellings...

OP
L

lil

Haha, you spotted it at last :flower: I did originally have "I was on the M-F Cheese and Ham Roll" but then came up with an even more cunning plan *cackles*

Vicky
(Ever the proud bastion of her native tongue... ...just me then ;) hehe)

OP
M

MJGUK

Pretty funny story :p

p.s. Guardian > Sun (Rubbish)

Although, The Independent > ALL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.