 Watch losing connection to iPhone while the iPhone is connected to car system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
The subject line says it all. I have noticed that when my iPhone is connected by BT to my car system, streaming music and being used for navigation, my watch sometimes shows the red symbol saying it cannot find the iPhone. The two are about 3 feet apart, so it shouldn't be signal strength. I don't have the problem when the iPhone is download streaming music and I have BT earbuds going and the  Watch in the middle of an exercise routine, using a BT heart monitor through the  Watch, so I don't think it's a case of "too many devices" but I just don't know.

Anybody else see this? It just started recently, maybe after the most recent release, but I'm not sure of that.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My Gen 3 watch doesn't disconnect from my iPhone 6S when connected to the car or otherwise. The only time it shows the red symbol is when I go for a walk and forget my phone. My watch is on watchOS 4.3.2 and iPhone is on iOS 11.4.1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.