Photo size in mail

Reaction score
I recently updated from iPhoto to Photo and have a question. When attaching a photo from iPhoto to email I clicked on share and had size options from small to full size. In Photo there is a share icon (an upward arrow at top right). When I click that and select mail it opens a new mail message with the photo attached in full size. That is fine in most cases but is there a way to edit that to change the size of the photo?

Thank you

poppi

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Oh yes, poppi.

In Mail, with the new message open, look to your right and you will see a box with the following options:

Small, medium, large, original size. You have to click on the double arrowheads to see these options.

Make your choice. For each choice, it displays the file size. Original is the largest file size and it decreases as you choose large, medium, small.

This was available in iPhoto as well as Photos. It applies to any picture you include in your email whether addded directly from Photos or dragged or copied from another source.

Ian

OP
P
Reaction score
Oh yes, poppi.

In Mail, with the new message open, look to your right and you will see a box with the following options:

Small, medium, large, original size. You have to click on the double arrowheads to see these options.

Make your choice. For each choice, it displays the file size. Original is the largest file size and it decreases as you choose large, medium, small.

This was available in iPhoto as well as Photos. It applies to any picture you include in your email whether addded directly from Photos or dragged or copied from another source.

Ian

Thanks Ian that works for me

poppi

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good show. Well done.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
P
Reaction score
Give that Ian guy a thumbs up reputation credit.

- Patrick
======

I clicked on the thumbs up and it said I need to spread it around so don't know if it worked or not. In any case I am grateful to Ian

poppi

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I clicked on the thumbs up and it said I need to spread it around so don't know if it worked or not. In any case I am grateful to Ian

poppi
If you got the message I think you are referring to it means Ian was the last person you gave a reputation boost to. The software doesn't let you give the same person a reputation boost twice in a row.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The software doesn't let you give the same person a reputation boost twice in a row.

Yeah, it's to prevent the person from getting a swelled head from all the praise I believe. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, it's to prevent the person from getting a swelled head from all the praise I believe. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======
Right. We can't have that. Apparently there's a shortage of oversized hats as it is. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right. We can't have that. Apparently there's a shortage of oversized hats as it is. lol.

Maybe you should consider buying one from one of the Calgary Alberta Canada stores, unless of course someone down there has put a huge import duty on them as well as many other Canadian goods that are getting taxed!!! :Angry-Tongue:

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, with the size hat that Slydude would need we would have to not only impose an import duty but also a Texas fee. :p

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL, with the size hat that Slydude would need we would have to not only impose an import duty but also a Texas fee. :p
ROTFL. Maybe if I buy several of them it will add enought to the GDP that they make me the PM?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.